Friendship and Drugs

Day 55

It's a small victory, but as a forgetful person, I'm slightly proud of the fact that I haven't missed a single day. Once or twice I had to make an extra trip back to the house to take it. I'm not messing around! 

First to the bad news - I can't really say I've noticed any kind of difference contrasted with my pre-pill frequency or severity of depression. Since I started, I've had one real bad spell of 4 days and couple lighter ones. Pretty normal-ish. Still going to see this through for 3 months and gather further data before making a decision. Datum? Data. 

Good news - I have friends who are there for the long-haul. A couple days ago, I had a half-hour phone call about it with a friend who has been part of the conversation with me about this for at least 8 years. 

8 years. 

That's a long time to hang in there with someone, and when it comes to the serial, nagging issues of our lives, I would guess we all wonder if people will tire of us. GET IT TOGETHER MAN!!!

But he's never said that. He's taken time to pray for me on his own more times than I know. He's taken himself away from his family for prayer meetings that he has initiated to see this change in my life. 

And he's not the only one. Some people are only in your life for a short spell, and that's ok. Actually I kind of hate it. Not that it's usually someone's fault. I just don't like that part of life where we get to know people and then they're not around anymore. But how valuable are those ones that endure? The ones who have known you long enough to be both unimpressed by your best qualities and undeterred by your worst. Priceless really. 

Dare I say - better than Prozac.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Months Finished

Here We Go...

A Year(ish) Later